Our motto: Contra Mundum!
The Knights of the Virgin
We are an organization of Catholic men that have banded together to take a stand against the encroachments of secularism in our Church and in our society. We meet weekly to study the Faith and prepare to make St. Louis De Montfort’s total consecration to Jesus through Mary. We value tradition and commit ourselves to live out the old Code of Chivalry. We train together and voluntarily guard our parish churches, schools, and neighbors and we wield the Rosary in spiritual warfare.
More so, we are building something together as we grow from parish to parish, at the end state we plan to establish a new military order of Knights with a patrimony that goes back more than a thousand years and this is how we will be defined:
The Knights of the Virgin is an international military order of Catholic knighthood whose members strive to live out the code of chivalry in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
"We fly to thy protection, O holy Mother of God, despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin."
This most-ancient Christian prayer to Our Lady perfectly captures the spirituality of our Order.
Each Knight places himself under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and consecrates himself to Jesus through Mary.
"To Jesus Through Mary"
The heart of our order’s spirituality is the Marian devotion of St. Louis De Montfort and St. Maximillian Kolbe. This devotion has as its central features:
- Total consecration to Jesus through Mary
- Love of the Cross
- A special commitment to pray the Most Holy Rosary
The Meaning of our Heraldry
- Field Per Pale - (The shield is split in half with two different fields of background colors. From the perspective of the shield bearer the left side is referred to as "sinister" and the right side is referred to as "dexter".)
- Sinister Field Argent - (White Background). Signifies: truth, sincerity, peace, innocence and purity. Furthermore, there may be a symbolic connection between the white round shields referred to in the 6th century poem Y-Goddodin and the legendary Round Table of King Arthur.
- Sinister Gules Charge - (Red) cross. Signifies: magnanimity, military strength, warrior and martyr. Portrays the cross of Saint Ambrose, St. George’s cross, St. Martin of Tours reference, & the crusader cross.
- Dexter Field Sable - (Black). Signifies: wisdom, grief, constancy and prudence. The darkness of the world, death (calls to mind the masonic lodge’s checkered floor as our field of battle is in enemy territory and we are Contra Mundum).
- Dexter Charge Argent - (White) destrier statant guardant (charger standing & on guard) knight, the paladin chess piece at the service of the Queen.